Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Preventing speaker option of HomePod

I have recently installed a HomePod. Whenever I make a phone call on my iPhone and want to switch to speakerphone I now get given the option of transferring the call to the PhonePod. It is very annoying because I NEVER want to use the HomePod as a speaker and it means I have to choose the iPhone speaker every time instead of it being automatic. How can I stop the iphone giving me the option of HomePod for a speaker?

Posted on Mar 2, 2022 5:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 3, 2022 3:26 PM

It still makes no difference whether ‘require password’ is checked or not. I did not have that set anyway. I still see the bloody homepod every time I want to switch to speakerphone wherever I am in the house. It makes me want to crush it!

5 replies

Mar 3, 2022 10:25 AM in response to ajlholt

ajlholt,

Thanks for letting us know. Let's see if turning off requiring a password helps out:

"Require a password to play audio on HomePod
In the Home app on your iOS or iPadOS device, tap the Show Homes button, then tap Home Settings.
Note: If you have more than one home, you see settings for your current home (based on your location). To edit a different home, tap Homes, then tap the home you want to edit.
Tap Allow Speaker & TV Access.
Turn on Require Password.
If you have more than one HomePod, this setting applies to all of them."

This information can be found in Play audio on HomePod using an iOS or iPadOS device. This way if the option still shows, it can't be selected in error.

If it's still showing as an option as something you could remove, you'd want to leave feedback: Product Feedback - Apple.

Kind regards.

Preventing speaker option of HomePod

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.