Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

set up macbook air help

hi if I want to set up new mac with old mac systems and applications but I don' want all the documents files etc to transfer what should I do

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Mar 2, 2022 6:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 2, 2022 7:56 AM

The ideal solution is to delete what you don't want from the old Mac first. Migration Assistant only permits choosing among broad categories of items to transfer.

Back up your older Mac before deleting anything. A backup conveys the ability to change your mind about what you delete. To learn how to use Time Machine please read Back up your files with Time Machine on Mac - Apple Support. You could, for example, delete everything you don't want to transfer. Then, after transferring information to the newer Mac, restore that backup, thereby restoring the older Mac to its former state.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 2, 2022 7:56 AM in response to vivianefromoldsmar

The ideal solution is to delete what you don't want from the old Mac first. Migration Assistant only permits choosing among broad categories of items to transfer.

Back up your older Mac before deleting anything. A backup conveys the ability to change your mind about what you delete. To learn how to use Time Machine please read Back up your files with Time Machine on Mac - Apple Support. You could, for example, delete everything you don't want to transfer. Then, after transferring information to the newer Mac, restore that backup, thereby restoring the older Mac to its former state.

set up macbook air help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.