You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Wallet Magsafe real or fake?

hi everyone, I would like to ask a question. Is it possible to recognize, from the box, whether Apple Walett magsafe is original or fake? Thanks!

iPhone 12, 15

Posted on Mar 2, 2022 8:47 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 2, 2022 9:03 AM

I checked numerous sites for what the packaging should look like. From that, I would say you have a fake. Most telling.

1) The huge Made in China text, which does not exist on an actual box. Also notice the spacing for the leather drawing at the top left. It's much more cleanly positioned on a real box, where yours is down quite a ways from the top.

2) Yours appears to be missing the hanger/pull tab for the box insert. Did you even see the following when you slid it out?

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 2, 2022 9:03 AM in response to Frederaiks

I checked numerous sites for what the packaging should look like. From that, I would say you have a fake. Most telling.

1) The huge Made in China text, which does not exist on an actual box. Also notice the spacing for the leather drawing at the top left. It's much more cleanly positioned on a real box, where yours is down quite a ways from the top.

2) Yours appears to be missing the hanger/pull tab for the box insert. Did you even see the following when you slid it out?

Mar 2, 2022 9:44 AM in response to Frederaiks

Animation? Well, there's a drawing. Look at the back of your box compared to a real one. See how far down the drawing at the top left is from the top of the box compared to the upper image? Poor layout skills by someone on what you have. The leather case to iPhone art isn't even the same. The phone is much darker rather than being ghosted back. And of course, yours has the huge Made in China text.

Apple Wallet Magsafe real or fake?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.