Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch 6 battery draining

Ever since I updated my Apple Watch 6 with 8.4.2 my watch is draining mid day. This has never happened before and I’m not using it any differently. I usually don’t have to charge it until an hour before bed. This is extremely annoying and it appears this is happening to others. What is the fix for this issue?

Apple Watch Series 6

Posted on Mar 2, 2022 2:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 14, 2022 7:46 AM

I too am experiencing the same thing and its frustrating to get a straight answer. I'm not about to wipe my watch clean and repair everything all over again. I'm going to hold out for another few days and see what happens. I've gone through the apps and turned off anything that could be draining my battery watch and still no improvement. I'm at a loss. So in the middle of the morning, i'm without my watch because it needs to be charged.... again.! SMH.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 14, 2022 7:46 AM in response to JuniperGroves

I too am experiencing the same thing and its frustrating to get a straight answer. I'm not about to wipe my watch clean and repair everything all over again. I'm going to hold out for another few days and see what happens. I've gone through the apps and turned off anything that could be draining my battery watch and still no improvement. I'm at a loss. So in the middle of the morning, i'm without my watch because it needs to be charged.... again.! SMH.

Mar 2, 2022 2:31 PM in response to JuniperGroves

If the battery drains too fast after an update, see all the replies to:

Battery Drain since watchos 7.4 - Apple Community

WatchOS 7.5 battery drain - Apple Community

FWIW, in some cases, unpairing the watch, completely erasing it, then pairing and restoring the backup will resolve the battery draining issue after an update. (Simply unpairing and pairing again may not work.)

Unpair and erase your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Also, some people have found that simply waiting a few days after an update resolves the battery draining problem.

Apple Watch 6 battery draining

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.