Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Double Entries After Upgrade to Monterey AND Spinning Wheel of Death In Contacts

Hello,

I upgraded to Monterey last week and I've found that

1- Every Contact entry has been duplicated.

2- The Contact app is extremely slow, with the Spinning Wheel Of Death intervening in between each move I make, whether it's adding, deleting or simply looking up a Contact. The default account is iCloud- but it's even slow when I change the default to On My Mac. My home Internet is fast enough. I just upgraded our network to Google Fiber which is showing (on WiFi) 660Mbps download and 550Mbps Upload.

Anyone have any ideas why:

• the upgrade to MRY duplicated each Contacts entry (and is there an easy fix to get rid of dupes)
  • the app is so sluggish?

Thanks in advance.

Chris

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Mar 2, 2022 1:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 16, 2022 9:11 PM

I found a solution that at least gets rid of the duplicates! Here... If you see duplicate contacts after setting up iCloud Contacts - Apple Support

Remove duplicate contacts

On your Mac

1. Make a copy of your contacts.
  2. Open Contacts.
  3. From the Card menu, select Card > Look for Duplicates.
  4. When asked, click Merge.
  5. Repeat steps 2 and 3 until no duplicates are found.
  6. Make another copy of your iCloud Contacts.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 16, 2022 9:11 PM in response to Billy_Thib

I found a solution that at least gets rid of the duplicates! Here... If you see duplicate contacts after setting up iCloud Contacts - Apple Support

Remove duplicate contacts

On your Mac

1. Make a copy of your contacts.
  2. Open Contacts.
  3. From the Card menu, select Card > Look for Duplicates.
  4. When asked, click Merge.
  5. Repeat steps 2 and 3 until no duplicates are found.
  6. Make another copy of your iCloud Contacts.

Double Entries After Upgrade to Monterey AND Spinning Wheel of Death In Contacts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.