Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot add new Contacts on Macbook Air Monterey version 12.0.1

When I try to add a new contact on my Macbook Air running Monterey 12.0.1, it keeps disappearing after I have added the name, and can't get any farther in the process. I saw a comment that this was an issue with Big Sur back in Jan 2021, so why isn't it fixed by now?

Posted on Dec 28, 2021 12:09 PM

2 replies

Dec 29, 2021 10:12 AM in response to B2larson

Hello B2larson,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We understand that when adding a contact that it doesn’t save. We are happy to assist.

Please open the Contacts app and scroll to the bottom of the list. Do you show a Contact Card called No Name? If so, please select it and edit the card and save. Does the contact save as expected now?

We also recommend updating your Mac to the latest macOS version using the steps here: Update macOS on Mac - Apple Support

Let us know the results.

Take care.

Cannot add new Contacts on Macbook Air Monterey version 12.0.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.