Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't add a new Contact in Mac OS 11.6.8

I am unable to add a new contact in my mac Contacts. Whenever I try, as soon as I enter something, it disappears. I have a workaround which is to just enter one bit of info and click done right away and then open again to enter the rest of the info. Also, it doesn't seem to like it when I use keyboard shortcuts so I copy and paste with control click on the mouse instead. I see there was another thread on this topic, has it been fixed yet? It seems to have something to do with Google.

iMac 27″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Jul 23, 2022 12:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 24, 2022 4:21 AM

Susan Sie wrote:

I am unable to add a new contact in my mac Contacts. Whenever I try, as soon as I enter something, it disappears. I have a workaround which is to just enter one bit of info and click done right away and then open again to enter the rest of the info. Also, it doesn't seem to like it when I use keyboard shortcuts so I copy and paste with control click on the mouse instead. I see there was another thread on this topic, has it been fixed yet? It seems to have something to do with Google.

Yes it does relate.

It is how Google and Apple work or in this case do not work well with each other.

It is inferred that the Contacts application is sourcing from Google - correct ?

Predicated on this being accurate;

1 - Remove the Sync Contacts ( via Google ) from the equation.

2 - Attempt to Add the New Contact Information

3 - Reverse the steps in # 1 above and Test

4 - Or and not popular, change the Contacts Sync to iCloud as the Default Source for Contacts.

EDITED

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 24, 2022 4:21 AM in response to Susan Sie

Susan Sie wrote:

Yes it does relate.

It is how Google and Apple work or in this case do not work well with each other.

It is inferred that the Contacts application is sourcing from Google - correct ?

Predicated on this being accurate;

1 - Remove the Sync Contacts ( via Google ) from the equation.

2 - Attempt to Add the New Contact Information

3 - Reverse the steps in # 1 above and Test

4 - Or and not popular, change the Contacts Sync to iCloud as the Default Source for Contacts.

EDITED

Can't add a new Contact in Mac OS 11.6.8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.