Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why do downloads keep stalling in Safari 15.3 and how do I stop it from stalling in the future?

Why do downloads keep stalling in Safari 15.3 and how do I stop it from stalling in the future?

iMac, OS X 10.11

Posted on Mar 2, 2022 9:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 3, 2022 3:41 PM

Hello Topazone,

We understand your Safari browser stalls when downloading content. We'd be happy to help!

When this happens does it happen with a specific site, download or all downloads and sites?

We'd like you to try starting your Mac in safe mode to see if the issue continues. Doing this step will allow your Mac to run certain checks and prevents software from automatically loading or opening. Here are the steps to do this: How to use safe mode on your Mac

Please note that it will take longer than normal for your computer to load. Also, your screen may flash and change colors. Do not be alarmed this is normal behavior when accessing safe mode.

After starting up in safe mode, reboot normally and test.

Let us know the results.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. Have a good one!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 3, 2022 3:41 PM in response to topazone

Hello Topazone,

We understand your Safari browser stalls when downloading content. We'd be happy to help!

When this happens does it happen with a specific site, download or all downloads and sites?

We'd like you to try starting your Mac in safe mode to see if the issue continues. Doing this step will allow your Mac to run certain checks and prevents software from automatically loading or opening. Here are the steps to do this: How to use safe mode on your Mac

Please note that it will take longer than normal for your computer to load. Also, your screen may flash and change colors. Do not be alarmed this is normal behavior when accessing safe mode.

After starting up in safe mode, reboot normally and test.

Let us know the results.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. Have a good one!

Mar 3, 2022 10:28 PM in response to M_Alva523

Yes It was just that particular website. I should have tested that before. Strangely enough it didn't stall on a different browser. Though more interesting, and I was not aware of this, the commands for starting in Safe Mode are different from my pentium chip iMacs!! That could have been an issue. Ill have to look up the other keyboard startup commands. Thanks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.