Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

pink lines flash on screen mommentarily

I have the M1 MacBook Air and every now and then I will have the screen flash and random pink (and maybe green) lines will show on screen and go away quickly. This is a brand new device and has Monterey installed.

Everything functions normally, but everything that I've seen that this is supposed not a hardware issue, but haven't found anything more than that.

If there is a software fix that is required or something that needs to be done I should be able to do that without the need to send it in. I have not installed any virus protection or other apps. This has been happening ever since I started the device without any App Store apps installed on it. I am not sure if it started after Rosetta installed or not, but have tried using the device without apps using Rosetta and it still does this.

This problem seems to be noticeable when elements update on screen such as scrolling or a page loading. Nothing happens if it sits idle.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Mar 3, 2022 7:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 3, 2022 7:26 AM

Display artifact as you’re describing (arising across apps and windows) is usually an indication of a graphics hardware problem, or maybe a low-level macOS problem.

Contact Apple Support, as this is a new device. Discuss your options with them.

1 reply

pink lines flash on screen mommentarily

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.