Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage stuck in login screen

Hello, I just bought MacBook Pro M1( 16inc 2021 ) and Im having some troubles with iMessage.

When i open the app, enter apple id and my password, Im stuck on that screen with a loader (no error messages). My apple id and password are correct (checked like 100 times) unless this uses something other.

P.S. System is macOS Monterey 12.2.1

Best regards.

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Mar 3, 2022 11:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 8, 2022 8:35 AM

I did all of things above and I have the sam issue. Even though my password is working fine on iCloud itself. It is just not working in iMessage.

2 replies

Mar 4, 2022 10:55 AM in response to dusan224

Hi dusan224,

To sign in to iMessage on your new Mac, you need to check a few points.

Check your Internet connection
Make sure that your Mac is connected to the Internet. You should be able to load web pages or receive email, for example.

Check for a service outage
Check the Apple System Status page for a temporary outage affecting iMessage or FaceTime.

Check your Date & Time settings
Choose Apple menu () > System Preferences, then click Date & Time. Make sure that the date, time, and time zone are correct.
If the ”Set date and time automatically” checkbox is selected, deselect it and select it again. (If the checkbox is dimmed, click the lock and enter your administrator password.)

Make sure that your software is up to date
Learn how to update your Mac software. Software updates can improve the stability, compatibility, and security of your Mac, and might also resolve the issue. 

Review this and additional guidance in If you can't sign in to your iMessage account or FaceTime on your Mac.

Regards.

iMessage stuck in login screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.