Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What happens if I bought a iPhone XR second hand and need to remove the old Apple ID and I don’t have access to the password for that Apple ID can i hard reset and erase it or will it ask for old password and lock me out or not

What happens if I bought a iPhone XR second hand and need to remove the old Apple ID and I don’t have access to the password for that Apple ID can i hard reset and erase it or will it ask for old password and lock me out or not

iPhone XR, iOS 14

Posted on Mar 3, 2022 1:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 3, 2022 2:28 PM

Maxemam wrote:

Then the phone is useless, or ask the person you bought it from for that information.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 3, 2022 2:28 PM in response to Maxemam

Maxemam wrote:

Then the phone is useless, or ask the person you bought it from for that information.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.