Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Carrier Update Settings

Every time I go into Settings, General, About on my moms iphone 7 it prompts me with a "Carrier Update Setting" request. I hit Allow and nothing seems to happen, I repeat the same process and everytime I go into the "About" section within settings it prompts me again and again to update Carrier Settings and I always hit allow. She is on the T-Mobile network in an area covered by T-mobile but 9 times out of 10 she has "No Service" displayed in upper left hand corner. If she does have service it is only one bar and its uncommon to have that. Is there a way to force the Carrier Update? I just feel that that is the issue considering it asks to update every time I go into settings.

iPhone 7

Posted on Mar 3, 2022 2:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 3, 2022 3:12 PM

Try first to optimize the range of the mobile network, see this Apple article:

If you see No Service or Searching on your iPhone or iPad

If you see No Service or Searching on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

After you have optimize the range of the mobile network & the iPhone stll ’searching’, see -> iPhone 7 Repair Program for "No Service" Issues

iPhone 7 Repair Program for "No Service" Issues - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 3, 2022 3:12 PM in response to Hartdocta

Try first to optimize the range of the mobile network, see this Apple article:

If you see No Service or Searching on your iPhone or iPad

If you see No Service or Searching on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

After you have optimize the range of the mobile network & the iPhone stll ’searching’, see -> iPhone 7 Repair Program for "No Service" Issues

iPhone 7 Repair Program for "No Service" Issues - Apple Support

Mar 3, 2022 3:33 PM in response to Raicya

I suspect its neither of those, i tried everything I could within the settings, reseting network, cellular data on off, roaming on off, airplane mode, wifi calling on off and also, I have a sim card that when I change it out it updates to TFW network which is verizon and get 5 bars for signal, it asks me to update carrier settings once and thats it, but when i put her T-Mobile sim card in and update carrier settings I get only one bar of service at best and then No Service for most part. Again, T-Mobile has the same coverage around here as Verizon. I guess I am wondering why when I hit "Allow" for "Carrier Update Settings" once, it keeps asking me to update them everytime i go into Settings, General,About? Sorry, I know its complicated. I even drove around hoping signal would boost but still either 1 bar or No Service!

Carrier Update Settings

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.