Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I disable email but still use my Apple ID?

i need my apple id but would like to disable email bc of SPAM. Can I?

Posted on Mar 3, 2022 5:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 3, 2022 6:43 PM

You can change the Apple ID email address and you won't lose any data or purchases. Note the restrictions in the article.

Apple ID Name Change.  * 

Make sure you turn of Find My Phone before signing out of the old ID. Once signed out and Find My Phone is off, then sign in with the new ID, then turn Find My Phone back on.

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support  *  I suggest doing this before you change your Apple ID or password.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 3, 2022 6:43 PM in response to Dosido Monster

You can change the Apple ID email address and you won't lose any data or purchases. Note the restrictions in the article.

Apple ID Name Change.  * 

Make sure you turn of Find My Phone before signing out of the old ID. Once signed out and Find My Phone is off, then sign in with the new ID, then turn Find My Phone back on.

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support  *  I suggest doing this before you change your Apple ID or password.

Mar 3, 2022 5:30 PM in response to Dosido Monster

Hello Dosido Monster,

You may delete your email as long as it has been verified before you do so, but if you do then any verification emails or News will not be accessible. You can delete the Gmail though safely but it is not recommended, but again if you really want to you can but you just will only be contactable by phone number if you have one.

Hope This Helps

Can I disable email but still use my Apple ID?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.