Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wonky Printing with MacBook Pro 2019 and HP 5260

I have a new (refurbished) MacBook Pro 2019 running Mac OS Monterey 12.2.1.  

I have a Netgear C7000-100NAS router with firmwear V1.01.32

My printer is an HP Office Jet 5260. It has a wired connection to the router.

The printer worked perfectly with my old HP laptop. Not so much with the MacBook.

Using the MacBook, the printer will not duplex print, nor will it print in black and white instead of color. The paper size defaults to postcard.

I feel like it's just a matter of changing a setting somewhere to fix the problem, but I don't know what it is that needs to be changed. Can someone help?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Mar 4, 2022 9:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 5, 2022 11:10 AM

Hey miss.bev,

Let's try the following steps from this article, and see if it helps: Solve printing problems on Mac

Also, try resetting the printing system to see if it makes a difference. Here's how:

1. On your Mac, choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Printers & Scanners 
  2. Press and hold the Control key as you click in the list at the left, then choose “Reset printing system” from the menu that appears. After you reset the printing system, the list of printers in Printers & Scanners preferences is empty.
  3. Re-add any printers.

If the issue persists, you may need to reach out to the manufacturer of your printer for further assistance. There may be a software with settings to change this.

We hope this helps!

Best regards.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 5, 2022 11:10 AM in response to miss.bev

Hey miss.bev,

Let's try the following steps from this article, and see if it helps: Solve printing problems on Mac

Also, try resetting the printing system to see if it makes a difference. Here's how:

1. On your Mac, choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Printers & Scanners 
  2. Press and hold the Control key as you click in the list at the left, then choose “Reset printing system” from the menu that appears. After you reset the printing system, the list of printers in Printers & Scanners preferences is empty.
  3. Re-add any printers.

If the issue persists, you may need to reach out to the manufacturer of your printer for further assistance. There may be a software with settings to change this.

We hope this helps!

Best regards.

Wonky Printing with MacBook Pro 2019 and HP 5260

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.