Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trimmed Voice Memos deleting original audio

Why did Apple think it’s a good idea to delete and replace original audio in voice memos when attempting to retrieve a trimmed portion of it? I needed that audio. Now it’s gone. Forever. At this point, I miss my Android. My Android wouldn’t have done that!! Apple should fix this issue. I just lost a lot due to this issue.

iPhone XR, iOS 15

Posted on Mar 4, 2022 8:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 4, 2022 8:48 PM

Shepherdmom21 Said:

"Trimmed Voice Memos deleting original audio: Why did Apple think it’s a good idea to delete and replace original audio in voice memos when attempting to retrieve a trimmed portion of it? I needed that audio. Now it’s gone. Forever. At this point, I miss my Android. My Android wouldn’t have done that!! Apple should fix this issue. I just lost a lot due to this issue."

-------

Recovering Voice Memos:

A. Contact Your Carrier:

See if you carrier can recover this.

B. Restore your iPhone from a Backup:

Have any backups of this iPhone prior to this upgrade If so, then restore your iPhone from one that particularly contains this info (your most recent backup). If not, then take this as a learning experience, knowing to always backup your device prior to making any major change to it(i.e. upgrade installations). Important: Back up you iPhone prior to performing this restoration, should anything go wrong from here on out.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 4, 2022 8:48 PM in response to Shepherdmom21

Shepherdmom21 Said:

"Trimmed Voice Memos deleting original audio: Why did Apple think it’s a good idea to delete and replace original audio in voice memos when attempting to retrieve a trimmed portion of it? I needed that audio. Now it’s gone. Forever. At this point, I miss my Android. My Android wouldn’t have done that!! Apple should fix this issue. I just lost a lot due to this issue."

-------

Recovering Voice Memos:

A. Contact Your Carrier:

See if you carrier can recover this.

B. Restore your iPhone from a Backup:

Have any backups of this iPhone prior to this upgrade If so, then restore your iPhone from one that particularly contains this info (your most recent backup). If not, then take this as a learning experience, knowing to always backup your device prior to making any major change to it(i.e. upgrade installations). Important: Back up you iPhone prior to performing this restoration, should anything go wrong from here on out.

Trimmed Voice Memos deleting original audio

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.