Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IOS 15.3.1 drain my iPhone 8 battery

Updated my iPhone 8 to IOS 15.3.1 yesterday and this morning found out the iphone battery was drained and shutdown. When I put it on charger and turned it on, the iphone show 10% of battery.

Then I charged the iphone battery to 100% and use it for couple of minutes, the iphone shut down again as if it is running out of battery. When I turned it back on again it show my battery from 100% to 10% and it's repeating the same thing every time. This mean I can't even use my iphone as it keep shutting down due to drained battery.

Is there any solution or I've to wait until the next ios update.

iPhone 8

Posted on Mar 5, 2022 3:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply
7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 12, 2022 2:33 AM in response to Aburningstariv

Aburningstariv wrote: "...The 2nd iPhone 8 running on 15.3.1 will not even show a battery percentage on ANYTHING other than an OEM battery stripped from an original iPhone 8..."

Presumably the changes in iOS 15 are to avoid possible negative experiences for the user:

"Using nongenuine batteries might also result in unexpected behavior after installation, device software updates, or while charging. Using nongenuine batteries might also lead to safety issues." Source:

About genuine iPhone batteries - Apple Support

õ¿õ¬

IOS 15.3.1 drain my iPhone 8 battery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.