Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 15.5 update drains Iphone 13 Pro battery

I have an Iphone 13 Pro. After updated it to iOS 15.5 the phone begun to drain the battery very quickly. With iOS 15.4.1 I finish the day with 50% charge, and now 7% (the use did not change).

Also note that the Phone is warmer sometimes.

Phone has 6 months of use and battery condition is 100%.

How can I fix the problem? going back to 15.4.1?

Posted on Jun 2, 2022 7:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 2, 2022 8:02 AM

Bearing in mind that, depending on the content (media, apps, docs, etc.) the iPhone might take 24-48 hours to normalize its activity (reindexing and housecleaning), I would wait for some days before worrying.

Your battery health is still 100% and that's a good sign.

If the issue persists and your iPhone keeps overheating, then yes, I suggest that you make an appointment (*) and have your device inspected at an Apple Store or AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider) among this list:--> Apple – Location Selector. After checking it out, they'll give you all the available options.

Regards

Giulio

(*) You can do it:

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 2, 2022 8:02 AM in response to Hector_ARG

Bearing in mind that, depending on the content (media, apps, docs, etc.) the iPhone might take 24-48 hours to normalize its activity (reindexing and housecleaning), I would wait for some days before worrying.

Your battery health is still 100% and that's a good sign.

If the issue persists and your iPhone keeps overheating, then yes, I suggest that you make an appointment (*) and have your device inspected at an Apple Store or AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider) among this list:--> Apple – Location Selector. After checking it out, they'll give you all the available options.

Regards

Giulio

(*) You can do it:

Jun 3, 2022 10:11 AM in response to ProustGiulio

Thanks for your answers, but I'm pretty sure that isn't a HW issue. Today the battery drain becames unsupportable (50% in 5 hours) and many heat at phone back.

I Decided to : 1) Backup the phone 2) close the Apple account 3) Erase phone and reset it to original 4) Restore the backup.

It seems that is going much better, but I'm not sure yet. Perhaps is a daemon service in iOS (now consuming less resources) and in a couple of days ... again.

Last chance before going back to iOS 15.4.1 version.

I'll keep you posted.

iOS 15.5 update drains Iphone 13 Pro battery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.