Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do Not Disturb keeps turning off after a few seconds

Every time I manually turn on DND, it turns itself off after a couple seconds. How do I fix this? It never happened before I updated to iOS 15

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Posted on Mar 5, 2022 4:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 11, 2022 4:00 PM

I had the same issue. Then I realized it shows the option to allow the focus status to be on all of your devices. If you have your AppleID logged into three phones (like I do with two kids) it will automatically update the status to what the others are on. So I turned off the option to share across all devices.

7 replies

Mar 6, 2022 7:15 AM in response to elianlj

Hello elianlj,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities!

If we understand your post correctly, after turning Do Not Disturb on it shuts itself off after a couple of seconds. We'd like to help!

If you turn on Do Not Disturb mode and forget to turn it off, the Do Not Disturb in the Control Center, it will turn off in a certain time.

If you want to turn on Do Not Disturb mode all the time, simply go to Settings > Do Not Disturb to turn on Do Not Disturb manually.

More information about Do Not Disturb mode can be found here: Use Do Not Disturb on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Let us know if you have any questions.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care!

Mar 29, 2022 3:55 AM in response to CantThinkOfUsername1234

I have a sleep schedule on every weekday and have all notifications turned off except 2 phone numbers for my daughters. Since the most recent update I keep getting random alerts at odd times during the night from my email. Why is this happening when I have a sleep schedule on. I have tried turning my sleep schedule off and just putting do not disturb on but it turn off after a few seconds. It’s driving me crazy as I can’t have my phone be quiet while I’m sleeping.

Do Not Disturb keeps turning off after a few seconds

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.