Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Wi-Fi connection

All of a sudden yesterday, my iPad won’t connect to my Wi-Fi. I click on the router and it connects for a split second and then disconnects. The Wi-Fi is working as my iPhone connection is working just fine. There was a software update last week. Everything was fine until about 11am yesterday. Anyone have a solution?

iPad Pro, iPadOS 15

Posted on Mar 5, 2022 5:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 5, 2022 6:52 AM

Does it work if you connect it via wifi to a different wifi network?

If the answer is yes, try to:

• Disconnect all your devices.
  • Restart your modem router and wait for its complete auto-configuration.
  • Re-connect your devices and test.

If the answer is no, try to reset the networks settings on your iPad, going to Settings>General>Transfer or Reset iPad>Reset Network Settings... reading also the paragraph "Reset Network Settings" in this support page:--> Return iPad settings to their defaults – Apple Support (UK)

When done, restart your iPad.

Regards

Giulio

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 5, 2022 6:52 AM in response to Nhjay23

Does it work if you connect it via wifi to a different wifi network?

If the answer is yes, try to:

• Disconnect all your devices.
  • Restart your modem router and wait for its complete auto-configuration.
  • Re-connect your devices and test.

If the answer is no, try to reset the networks settings on your iPad, going to Settings>General>Transfer or Reset iPad>Reset Network Settings... reading also the paragraph "Reset Network Settings" in this support page:--> Return iPad settings to their defaults – Apple Support (UK)

When done, restart your iPad.

Regards

Giulio

Mar 5, 2022 7:41 AM in response to ProustGiulio

I have two routers and a Wi-Fi extender. My iPhone connects without issue to both. I did a reset, but the problem persists. I have rebooted the whole system including the IPad. When I rebooted the iPad located both routers, but when I try to reconnect, the Wi-Fi will connect for a split second and disconnect. Very frustrating!

iPad Wi-Fi connection

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.