Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

connect to external tv monitor and show presentors notes in keynote

I have a MacBook Pro, OS 12.2.1.

I want to run a presentation using Keynote on a large screen tv monitor connected via an HDMI cable.

The screen needs to show the full-screen slides (presenter display) but the Mac only showing the current and next slides, and the presenter's notes.

I can get this to work with a separate LED projector (no problem) but I can't get it to work using a TV monitor.

How can I set it up to show two different screens (presentation slide for TV monitor) and current, next, and notes on the Mac?

MacBook Pro Retina

Posted on Mar 5, 2022 8:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 7, 2022 5:35 AM

You didn't say which Mac OS you are using, so I showed the Catalina settings

These are settings you need to make for Monterey:

Keynote settings:

Mac Display:

External display:

Similar questions

5 replies

Mar 6, 2022 10:07 AM in response to Gary Scotland

Gary;

I don't have this screen (my OS is Monterey 12.2.1) but I found the mirroring on/off part and turned it off.

Unfortunately, Turing it off meant that my Max didn't show any display at all whereas the TV monitor showed the slideshow.

pressing the "X" key didn't make any difference.

I'm planning to go to the local Apple store in the few days/weeks and I'll discuss it with them when I see them.

Many thanks for your help.

Martin

connect to external tv monitor and show presentors notes in keynote

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.