Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keynote Cannot hide presenter notes on separate display

Hi

I’m due to do a presentation using Keynote. I have connected my MacBook Air to a Samsung TV using an HDMI to USBC cable.

The presentation works perfectly on the TV but I can’t find any way to stop my presenter notes, which I am viewing on the MacBook, from appearing on the TV screen as well. I have tried playing the presentation within a window and in full screen mode but the presenter notes still appear on the TV display.

Is there a solution to this?

Thank you

Nick

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 13.1

Posted on Feb 5, 2023 1:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 6, 2023 8:29 AM

Check this Keynote preference setting

Go to: Keynote > Preferences > Slideshow

ensure there is a tick in the option for Enable Presenter Display in full screen

Always keep mirroring off when using Keynote

4 replies

Feb 5, 2023 7:51 AM in response to carswell

Are you saying that the presentation is playing on the TV in a window and in another window Presenter Screen is showing with presenter notes?

If this is not what is happening can you provide a screen shot or take a photo of what is on the TV?

some things to check:

• mirroring is turned off in System Settings: Apple Menu /System Settings /Displays or in ControlCentre:

• you are using Play in Keynote, either clicking the Play button or in Play menu

• Make sure, Show Presenter Display in a Window is turned off:

This is Presenter Display showing correctly full screen on an external display:

Feb 6, 2023 5:27 AM in response to Gary Scotland

Hi Gary, many thanks for your reply. I have worked through your suggestions but still cannot get the correct set up.

I am running Ventura OS and Keynote v12.2.1.

According to the Help section on Keynote

"To play your presentation in fullscreen, choose Play > In Fullscreen (from the Play menu at the top of your screen), then click in the toolbar.

Your presentation begins to play on the connected display, and Keynote on your Mac switches to show the presenter display.

However, when the my presentation begins to play, the macbook doesn't switch to presenter display. With mirroring on both the TV and the macbook show the presentation, which makes sense. When I turn off mirroring, the TV, switches to extended display mode and continues to show the presentation but the macbook screen goes black.

Nick

Keynote Cannot hide presenter notes on separate display

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.