Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Presenter notes on MacBook - presentation through projector

Does anyone know how to set up a Keynote presentation so I can read the notes on my MacBook and display the presentation through a projector? I can only get the notes mirrored on the projector.

Thanks

Mac Pro, OS X 10.11

Posted on Aug 3, 2022 7:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 3, 2022 8:08 AM

1. Connect a second display to the Mac, power it on and have the input selected for the Mac
  2. go to: Apple Menu > System Preferences > Displays > Arrangement:   deselect mirror option
  3. in Keynote go to: Keynote > Preferences > Slideshow: select the option for;   Enable Presenter Display
  4. When in Play , if presenter display is on the wrong display, press the X key on the keyboard

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 3, 2022 8:08 AM in response to drstir

1. Connect a second display to the Mac, power it on and have the input selected for the Mac
  2. go to: Apple Menu > System Preferences > Displays > Arrangement:   deselect mirror option
  3. in Keynote go to: Keynote > Preferences > Slideshow: select the option for;   Enable Presenter Display
  4. When in Play , if presenter display is on the wrong display, press the X key on the keyboard

Aug 5, 2022 4:43 AM in response to Gary Scotland

Thanks again Gary. I did manage too get things working by following your excellent advice. I'm just wondering whether I needed to connect the second monitor before going through the set up. Could I have simply connected the projector and it would have shown up in system prefs> displays? (I ran out of time so wasn't able to check.)

Presenter notes on MacBook - presentation through projector

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.