How to have a presentation only show the slide on large screen and I can see presenter notes on computer.

I have a presentation in Keynote and want only the slide shown on the big screen with my presenter notes only on my computer.

Posted on Aug 16, 2023 6:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 16, 2023 4:12 PM

Hi bjwallis,

welcome to the Apple (user-to-user) Community.

Re: "How to have a presentation only show the slide on large screen and I can see presenter notes on computer."

Apple support have articles online that may help guide you in achieving your goal.

Add and view presenter notes in Keynote on Mac - Apple Support

Play a presentation on a separate display in Keynote on Mac - Apple Support

Resource:

Keynote User Guide for Mac - Apple Support

More info. / support / contact:

Keynote Support website:

Keynote - Official Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 16, 2023 4:12 PM in response to bjwallis

Hi bjwallis,

welcome to the Apple (user-to-user) Community.

Re: "How to have a presentation only show the slide on large screen and I can see presenter notes on computer."

Apple support have articles online that may help guide you in achieving your goal.

Add and view presenter notes in Keynote on Mac - Apple Support

Play a presentation on a separate display in Keynote on Mac - Apple Support

Resource:

Keynote User Guide for Mac - Apple Support

More info. / support / contact:

Keynote Support website:

Keynote - Official Apple Support

Aug 16, 2023 3:51 PM in response to bjwallis

1 - Go to: Apple Menu > System Preferences:

in the Display Settings option, click on the Mac display listed in the left column and set for Main Display

2 - Go to: Apple Menu > System Preferences, in the Display Settings option, click on the external display and set for Extended Display

3 - In Keynote, go to Keynote menu, select Preferences then select the Slideshow tabard click in the Enable Presenter Display option

Note that in the latest version of Mac OS, term Preferences, it is now called Settings

How to have a presentation only show the slide on large screen and I can see presenter notes on computer.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.