Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I'm having a hard time dragging files with MacBook Air trackpad

With my new MacBook Air (2021) I am having a hard time dragging files with this trackpad. I am not sure what I am doing wrong. My old Air (2011) I did not even about it, but I was always able to move file with an intuitive motion.

Help!

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Mar 5, 2022 9:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 5, 2022 11:42 AM

The newer style Trackpads are much harder to use. You need to figure out the correct amount of pressure to use to enable dragging & dropping. I've never had much success with it and get extremely frustrated. I just turn off the "Force Click and haptic feedback" option in the "Point & Click" Trackpad System Preferences.

How to use the Force Touch trackpad - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 5, 2022 11:42 AM in response to AliciaLN

The newer style Trackpads are much harder to use. You need to figure out the correct amount of pressure to use to enable dragging & dropping. I've never had much success with it and get extremely frustrated. I just turn off the "Force Click and haptic feedback" option in the "Point & Click" Trackpad System Preferences.

How to use the Force Touch trackpad - Apple Support

I'm having a hard time dragging files with MacBook Air trackpad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.