Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Facebook messenger notification sound not changing

Dear Apple Geniuses,

I have been waiting for a while now to get the option to choose a different sound for the Facebook Messenger App for iOS. Finally, after the latest update iOS 15.3.1 I noticet we, the iPhone users can choose between several tones not so annoying as the original facebook messenger 'ding'.

However, after I have changed the sound on the app settings (messenger>settings>notifications and sounds>messages>) I keep receiving all messages with the old FB default tone. I tried restarting my phone several times, I reinstalled the app 2 times, the sound did not change. Oddly enough, when I go on the messenger app settings it shows that a different sound is set, but it still 'dings' with that bothering default tone.

What is wrong with my phone? Does anybody else have this issue? How to fix it?

Help Please!

PS I know it's not the end of the world, but it's bothering me sooooooo much!

XoXo

Desislava

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on Mar 5, 2022 10:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 5, 2022 4:03 PM

I'm sorry, but I do not use Facebook. You can check with this support document on how to contact an app developer. How to contact an app developer - Apple Support

5 replies

Mar 6, 2022 12:34 AM in response to desislava81

I have the exact same issue. Tried all the new sounds, but still have notifications playing the “pop ding” default sound.

I’ve waited for years for this option, and now that it’s here - It doesn’t work.

I believe the error is in the messenger app, not the phone or iOS. Facebook must have released a feature in their app that doesn’t work. I have tried on my son’s phone also. Doesn’t work either.

Have you seen any successful change of sound on iOS?

Hopefully Facebook will release a fixed version soon.

MadOnion

Facebook messenger notification sound not changing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.