Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macOS Monterey problem

before My m1 Mac mini was on Mac OS big sur and it used to work perfectly with my 27 inch Lenovo monitor Q27q-10. But after updating it to Monterey the Mac no longer sends signal to the monitor. It is really frustrating after purchasing a brand new 2560*1440 monitor and m1 Mac and by just updating the software my monitor is of no use now. I really hope apple solves this problem as soon as possible. I have tried changing its resolution using my home tv but still the problem persists and even the cables are fine.

Mac mini 2018 or later

Posted on Mar 5, 2022 12:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 5, 2022 6:23 PM

Are you connecting the M1 Mac mini via HDMI or a USB-C to DisplayPort cable? I would highly recommend the later. DisplayPort is just plain better for computer monitors. The HDMI is more for televisions. Cables do in fact "matter". A poor quality cable most certainly can have problems. If the monitor provided cables you can try those. But to get a USB-C to DisplayPort cable you'll need to likely order that online with Amazon, etc.

In System Preferences -> Displays you can hold the Option key while clicking on Scaled and you will see all the video modes that the monitor supports.

Make sure the monitor Input Source is set to the appropriate connection to your M1 Mac mini, if using HDMI then make sure the Input is set to HDMI and not DisplayPort.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 5, 2022 6:23 PM in response to Shohil12

Are you connecting the M1 Mac mini via HDMI or a USB-C to DisplayPort cable? I would highly recommend the later. DisplayPort is just plain better for computer monitors. The HDMI is more for televisions. Cables do in fact "matter". A poor quality cable most certainly can have problems. If the monitor provided cables you can try those. But to get a USB-C to DisplayPort cable you'll need to likely order that online with Amazon, etc.

In System Preferences -> Displays you can hold the Option key while clicking on Scaled and you will see all the video modes that the monitor supports.

Make sure the monitor Input Source is set to the appropriate connection to your M1 Mac mini, if using HDMI then make sure the Input is set to HDMI and not DisplayPort.

Mar 6, 2022 1:32 PM in response to Shohil12

This Lenovo Q27q-10 display has support for DisplayPort 1.2a (support for AMD FreeSync), and HDMI 1.4. The ports on the M1 mini provide DisplayPort 1.4 and HDMI 2.0, both backwards compatible with the Lenovo display ports.

I concur that the quality of the USB-C to DisplayPort cable is crucial to functional quality. If possible, you may need to disable FreeSync on the display.

macOS Monterey problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.