Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Newsroom Update

Apple and Major League Baseball announce July “Friday Night Baseball” schedule. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV login on my Mac

I have an Apple TV account and use it to watch on my MacBook. When I'm on the TV app I can hit the account tab and see my information, and it shows I have a subscription. But at the same time when I'm on the Apple TV app to watch a show I'm being asked to sign up for a free month trial subscription. I have no idea how to resolve this. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.5

Posted on Mar 5, 2022 2:56 PM

1 reply

Mar 6, 2022 11:51 AM in response to geraldo99

Hey there, geraldo99.

Are you using a subscription shared via Family Sharing or are you using an individual subscription? When was the last time it worked, if it ever has? You also mentioned both the TV app and the Apple TV app. Your post looks like you're posting from a Mac running Big Sur, so those should be the same app. The Apple TV app lets you enjoy both your purchased and rented content as well as content from the Apple TV+ service, which is subscription based. Let's check to see what appears in your subscriptions, as that will showcase if you have an active Apple TV+ subscription. You can Manage subscriptions in the App Store on Mac like this.

1. In the App Store  on your Mac, click your name in the bottom-left corner, or click Sign In if you’re not already.
  2. Make sure you sign in with the same Apple ID you used to purchase your subscriptions.
  3. Click View Information, sign in again if necessary, then click Manage (in the Manage section, to the right of Subscriptions).
  4. Click Edit (if you have more than one subscription), then do any of the following:
    • Change subscription options: In the Options list, select a setting, then click Done.
    • Cancel your subscription: Click Cancel Subscription, confirm the cancellation, then click Done.

Is there an active Apple TV+ or Apple One subscription there? If there is, and the app still shows you needing to subscribe to view content, you might want to get in touch with Apple's billing team here.

Take care.

Apple TV login on my Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.