Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trying to remove a jamf profile on my Mac book pro

A jamf profile was installed by mistake. How do I remove it without having to reinstall MacOS?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Mar 5, 2022 4:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 5, 2022 7:50 PM

If this was installed on your personal laptop by your school or employer (or by you testing things out), then you will need to contact them to un-enroll your laptop. If the laptop is owned by your employer or school, then you may not have any choice.

If you purchased a used Mac and it is being managed, then you should return the laptop for a full refund since the laptop was not properly prepare for sale. There is no way for you to remove the remote management from a used Mac. This may indicate the laptop was not properly processed by the organization or it may indicate the laptop was stolen.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 5, 2022 7:50 PM in response to MacIrish

If this was installed on your personal laptop by your school or employer (or by you testing things out), then you will need to contact them to un-enroll your laptop. If the laptop is owned by your employer or school, then you may not have any choice.

If you purchased a used Mac and it is being managed, then you should return the laptop for a full refund since the laptop was not properly prepare for sale. There is no way for you to remove the remote management from a used Mac. This may indicate the laptop was not properly processed by the organization or it may indicate the laptop was stolen.

Trying to remove a jamf profile on my Mac book pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.