Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I open a .webarchive in iOS Safari?

My goal is to save (mobile) so that I can comfortably read them offline in iOS 14 on an iPhone. So Far I've tried:

1. Asking the Safari reading list to save them offline, making sure to enable automatic saving for offline use in Safari settings. Unsurprisingly Safari doesn't save the items in my reading list, which results in lots of unusable entries (and a useless feature).
  2. Saving the mobile page as a PDF through the system screenshot feature. The resulting PDF is just cut off at some arbitrary point making it impossible to read e.g. a long article. This happens both in reading mode and ordinary page PDFs. Unusable.
  3. Saving the page as a .webarchive with Safari. This is the best alternative so far, but when I open the archive in Files I can't interact with the preview of it, making e.g. expandable sections unusable (one example is mobile Wikipedia article sections), and I'm not offered to open it in Safari (!) This also prevents me from using Safari's reading mode on it.
  4. Saving the reading mode page as a .webarchive. Doesn't work — it just saves the source page, i.e. same result as #3.
  5. Adding the actual .webarchive to Safari's reading list instead of to the Files app when asked where to save the archive. Unsurprisingly the reading list can't even save the page for offline use when handed the archive on a silver platter like this...

How can I open my .webarchives in iOS Safari?

[Link Edited by Moderator]

Posted on Mar 6, 2022 2:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 6, 2022 2:48 AM

Start here => Save pages to read later in Safari on iPhone - Apple Support

You should update to iOS 15.3.1 before adding to Reading List.

P.S. Your post is in the wrong forum, I will ask the moderator to relocate your post

Similar questions

2 replies

How do I open a .webarchive in iOS Safari?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.