Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPAD bricked after update attempt

I was given an IPAD Air and the device needed an update but couldn't do it wirelessly and had to be connected to itunes. I connected to itunes and started the update and it took close to two hours with itunes saying it was updating. I finally tried to turn on the ipad and then just disconnected because it was not responding. Now the ipad will not turn on or respond in any way. if i connect to the computer again itunes does not recognize it.

HELP! Can anything be done to recover? Any assistance would be appreciated.

iPad Air, iOS 8

Posted on Mar 6, 2022 8:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 6, 2022 8:25 AM

Follow the steps provided in this support article:--> If your iPad won't turn on or is frozen - Apple Support

If you still get no help, contact Apple Support directly, using this link:--> Get Support, or make an appointment (*) and have your device inspected at an Apple Store or AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider) among this list:--> Apple – Location Selector. After checking it out, they'll give you all the available options.

Regards

Giulio

(*) You can do it:

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 6, 2022 8:25 AM in response to IPADuserLloyd

Follow the steps provided in this support article:--> If your iPad won't turn on or is frozen - Apple Support

If you still get no help, contact Apple Support directly, using this link:--> Get Support, or make an appointment (*) and have your device inspected at an Apple Store or AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider) among this list:--> Apple – Location Selector. After checking it out, they'll give you all the available options.

Regards

Giulio

(*) You can do it:

IPAD bricked after update attempt

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.