Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airpods 3 not updating

I purchased AirPods 3 on eBay after followed all the instruction, still not updated I left AirPods near to iPhone since last 3 days and my iOS version 15.3.1

Posted on Mar 6, 2022 8:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 7, 2022 7:09 PM

headchopper Said:

"Airpods 3 not updating: [...]The seller already mentioned that he is selling a replacement earbuds with seal box, but I thought they should be updated even though I don't get warranty or support in the future"

-------

Contact Apple Support:

Go Here: Set Up your Replacement AirPods or Charging Case - Apple Support

As it Reads: "When you get your replacement, follow these steps to use your AirPods again."

Contact Apple Support

I think what you need to do to is contact Apple Support, finding out if something needs to be done on your part, or if you are all set.

Apple Contact Info:

• Contact Us - Choose Locations
  • Proceed from there, as necessary
  • Why the Wait: Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due to lots of calls. With the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through :)
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 7, 2022 7:09 PM in response to headchopper

headchopper Said:

"Airpods 3 not updating: [...]The seller already mentioned that he is selling a replacement earbuds with seal box, but I thought they should be updated even though I don't get warranty or support in the future"

-------

Contact Apple Support:

Go Here: Set Up your Replacement AirPods or Charging Case - Apple Support

As it Reads: "When you get your replacement, follow these steps to use your AirPods again."

Contact Apple Support

I think what you need to do to is contact Apple Support, finding out if something needs to be done on your part, or if you are all set.

Apple Contact Info:

• Contact Us - Choose Locations
  • Proceed from there, as necessary
  • Why the Wait: Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due to lots of calls. With the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through :)

Mar 6, 2022 2:47 PM in response to headchopper

headchopper Said:

"Airpods 3 not updating: I purchased AirPods 3 on eBay after followed all the instruction, still not updated I left AirPods near to iPhone since last 3 days and my iOS version 15.3.1"

-------

Verifying Genuine AirPods:

Having purchased these on eBay and getting this error, verify if it is genuine.

1. Get the Serial Number: Find the Serial Number of your AirPods - Apple Support
  2. Enter the Serial Number here: https://checkcoverage.apple.com/.
  3. View the Results: If all shows up as an AirPod, then you are fine. If not, then these are fake, and that is likely why you are getting the issue of connectivity.

Mar 7, 2022 2:43 AM in response to TheLittles

Serial status shows : We're sorry, but this is the serial number of a product that has been replaced. Please verify your information and re-enter your serial number. If your information is correct, you may need to contact us .

The seller already mentioned that he is selling a replacement earbuds with seal box, but I thought they should be updated even though I don't get warranty or support in the future

Airpods 3 not updating

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.