Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Once the high resolution photos are in iCloud how do I get them back onto my iPad or iPhone if I want to send them or print the high resolution version?

See above

iPad Pro, iPadOS 13

Posted on Mar 6, 2022 9:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 6, 2022 12:15 PM

The photos are being saved in iCloud and will stay on your phone as well, even if in "optimised" mode.

Taping onto an optimised photo will download the original quality from iCloud onto your device, and you will be able to share or print it.

Check this article:

Download photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

1. Open the Photos app, then select one or more photos or videos. 
  2. Tap the share button .
  3. Tap AirDrop, then select the device that you want to share with. Learn more about using AirDrop.

copied from: Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 6, 2022 12:15 PM in response to Chilidog33

The photos are being saved in iCloud and will stay on your phone as well, even if in "optimised" mode.

Taping onto an optimised photo will download the original quality from iCloud onto your device, and you will be able to share or print it.

Check this article:

Download photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

1. Open the Photos app, then select one or more photos or videos. 
  2. Tap the share button .
  3. Tap AirDrop, then select the device that you want to share with. Learn more about using AirDrop.

copied from: Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

Mar 24, 2022 4:01 PM in response to Chilidog33

I ran out of storage so all my photos look grainy on my iPhone due to the ‘optimise storage’’ setting I didn’t realise I had on, I have now bought more storage and changed the setting but all my photos are still grainey and my videos won’t play on my phone.. nothing happens if I tap them? They just stay grainey 😩😩 helpp

Once the high resolution photos are in iCloud how do I get them back onto my iPad or iPhone if I want to send them or print the high resolution version?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.