Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you delete files of the computer and usb hard drives?

how do you delete files of the computer and usb hard drives

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Mar 6, 2022 10:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 7, 2022 9:01 AM

One more thing...

Windows New Technology File System (NTFS) is used widely on Windows.

Macs can read, but not Write/Delete files off NTFS drives. You can buy a utility from Tuxiera or Paragon to add write-ability to such drives under MacOS.

[Edited by Moderator]

6 replies

Mar 7, 2022 6:38 AM in response to DOGDAYMAC

Something is odd. Macs and Windows PCs do many things differently, but deleting files is accomplished the same way: you simply drag stuff to the Trash.

I understand that's not working, but I don't understand how that could be.

Before you beat yourself up trying to figure it out, did you avail yourself of Apple's complimentary support? It's free for the first 90 days of ownership. They enjoy helping out new Mac users as much as I do, but Apple also has the ability to screen share with you (with your permission of course) which no one on this site can do. Perhaps Apple could offer something more helpful than just "drag stuff to the Trash" like I did.

You should have received an email offering you that service, but if you didn't get it start here: Get Support.

The following might also be helpful: Mac tips for Windows switchers - Apple Support. It's very cursory though; for example

Throw files away

Looking for the Recycle Bin? Use the Trash, which is in the Dock.

I doubt you would find that helpful, but you can find much more information on Apple's YouTube channel: Apple Support - YouTube.

For example, the following might be applicable, but I still think something is fundamentally amiss:

How to free up space on your Mac — Apple Support

How do you delete files of the computer and usb hard drives?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.