Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch 4 stopped unlocking my iMac M1 2021

Apple watch 4 running watchOS 8.4.1 will not unlock iMac 24 inch,M1, 2021 running 12.2.1. The iMac says it is "Turning on" with the spinning dial thing when I click to "Use your Apple watch to unlock apps and your Mac," then eventually tells me it can't communicate with my Apple Watch and tells me to make sure it is turned on, unlocked and on my wrist which it is. And no, I do not have File Sharing on. It all worked fine until the last OS update.

Apple Watch

Posted on Mar 6, 2022 1:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 6, 2022 1:34 PM

There is a long running thread here on the ASC regarding the Apple Watch and unlocking a Mac. You can search for it here and read through the responses for additional help, however this is the only link provided to setup and troubleshoot the connection. Unlock your Mac with your Apple Watch - Apple Support

I've been able to still unlock my MacBook Air (late 2019) running Monterey 12.2.1 with my Series 6 Watch running watchOS 8.4.2. I'm paired with an iPhone 13 Pro running iOS 15.3.1. While I've encountered an occasional problem with an error message that the wi-fi is not strong enough, I've always been able to unlock the Mac. I can't advise you of any additional thoughts, but you may find something in that thread I mentioned.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 6, 2022 1:34 PM in response to Bob Burlison

There is a long running thread here on the ASC regarding the Apple Watch and unlocking a Mac. You can search for it here and read through the responses for additional help, however this is the only link provided to setup and troubleshoot the connection. Unlock your Mac with your Apple Watch - Apple Support

I've been able to still unlock my MacBook Air (late 2019) running Monterey 12.2.1 with my Series 6 Watch running watchOS 8.4.2. I'm paired with an iPhone 13 Pro running iOS 15.3.1. While I've encountered an occasional problem with an error message that the wi-fi is not strong enough, I've always been able to unlock the Mac. I can't advise you of any additional thoughts, but you may find something in that thread I mentioned.

Apple Watch 4 stopped unlocking my iMac M1 2021

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.