Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cant get into account because of 2 factor authentication using an old phone number

I cant access my main apple ID (the one I'm posting with is a very old one, the only way I could post here). After most recent IOS update, I kept getting notifications to sign back in. However when I sign in, it wants to verify by sending me an auth code, but the problem is, the code is getting sent to an old number I no longer have access to. When I got my new phone and new number, I DID have access temporarily to the old number - I think this is how I signed in originally, and must not have changed the number (I thought I did but guess not). My new phone is an iPhone SE if that even matters...

So I attempted to sign in online, following some instructions I found here to update the phone number but of course though to sign in with this device too, it wants an authentication code, also sent to this old number.

What is a workaround this? I bet whoever has my current phone number is getting ****** at all these random codes texting their phone.

Is the best solution to just create a completely brand new apple ID?

Posted on Mar 6, 2022 2:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 6, 2022 7:39 PM

See if anything here helps.  If necessary, you can use account recovery as explained in the link at bottom of the article.

Verification code - how to get one and sign in with two-factor authentication.   *

2 replies

Cant get into account because of 2 factor authentication using an old phone number

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.