Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Tappind left AirPod 2 does not work

I have a set of AirPod 2s and when I tap the left AirPod nothing happens. Also, the left AirPod is not recognized with ear detection when I insert the AirPod into my ear or remove it from my ear. Otherwise, the AirPod works fine to play audio, I just use it to control anything.

I have removed the AirPods from my device, and reconnected them several times with no success. I have changed the tap setting on the left AirPod to see if that might kick something loose, which also did not work. I also did a hard reset on the AirPods with no luck.

Since these didn’t work and I couldn’t find anything on the Internet, I scheduled a Genius Bar appointment at my local Apple store. After inspecting it they said that it is just broken and since it is out of warranty there is nothing they can do to fix it.

Has anyone else had a similar problem, and found any ways to fix it?

Posted on Mar 6, 2022 2:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 6, 2022 2:29 PM

Update: After posting this message, I thought I would try to hard reset my AirPods again, and surprisingly this time it fixed the problem. Very weird.

Similar questions

1 reply

Tappind left AirPod 2 does not work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.