Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud storage

How can I retrieve my lost photos over 20,000 of them after I cancelled my icloud subscription? I had a few weeks to download them from iCloud. I tried many times. I couldn't because it was too many photos. The download was slow as in it couldn't be done within a day but the download kept shutting down so I had start all over again each time. And eventually, work and every day life took over, and I was gonna get back to it but before I got back to it. I lost all my photos. So my question is there anyway I can retrieve those videos and photos that I had stored for the last 10 years?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Mar 6, 2022 7:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 6, 2022 7:52 PM

JDulguun_1986 Said:

"Cloud storage: How can I retrieve my lost photos over 20,000 of them after I cancelled my icloud subscription?[...]So my question is there anyway I can retrieve those videos and photos that I had stored for the last 10 years?"

-------

Troubleshooting Lost Photos:

This is something you would have agreed to upon account closure. So, if the following does not work, then they are gone. That's jus the way is is.

Three Tactics to Try:

A. Start here: If you're Missing Photos or Videos in the Photos app - Apple Support

B. Use a Time Machine Backup:

Did you backup your Mac, recently? If so, then restore your Mac from that. You'd backup you Mac prior to doing so, and then restore your data from the backup you just created, through use of Migration Assistant.

C. Where Else to Check:

• PC
  • PDA
  • eMail
  • Mac Device
  • Cloud Storage
  • Android Phone
  • USB Flash Drive
  • External Hard drive
  • Secure Digital Card
  • Compact Flash Card
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 6, 2022 7:52 PM in response to JDulguun_1986

JDulguun_1986 Said:

"Cloud storage: How can I retrieve my lost photos over 20,000 of them after I cancelled my icloud subscription?[...]So my question is there anyway I can retrieve those videos and photos that I had stored for the last 10 years?"

-------

Troubleshooting Lost Photos:

This is something you would have agreed to upon account closure. So, if the following does not work, then they are gone. That's jus the way is is.

Three Tactics to Try:

A. Start here: If you're Missing Photos or Videos in the Photos app - Apple Support

B. Use a Time Machine Backup:

Did you backup your Mac, recently? If so, then restore your Mac from that. You'd backup you Mac prior to doing so, and then restore your data from the backup you just created, through use of Migration Assistant.

C. Where Else to Check:

• PC
  • PDA
  • eMail
  • Mac Device
  • Cloud Storage
  • Android Phone
  • USB Flash Drive
  • External Hard drive
  • Secure Digital Card
  • Compact Flash Card

Mar 6, 2022 7:55 PM in response to JDulguun_1986

JDulguun_1986 Said:

"iCloud storage: [...]I had a few weeks to download them from iCloud. I tried many times. I couldn't because it was too many photos. The download was slow as in it couldn't be done within a day but the download kept shutting down so I had start all over again each time.[...]"

-------

Learn from This:

Download to an External Hard Drive: Next time, you go about closing an Apple Account, be certain your download all of the items from iCloud, prior to closure. See my User Tip: Getting a Quick and Direct "iCloud Drive-to-External Hard Drive" Download- Apple Sipport

iCloud storage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.