Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My phone mic intermittently works

Hello, I want to know if there's any explanations as to why my phone mic intermittently works. For a while, it sounded like someone turned the volume way down on my mic. That and sounded like I was muffled. So I took my phone in to the closest apple certified technician which was best buy 4 or 5 months ago. They told me they'd just have to replace the phone. But now, like at this moment, my phone mic is picking up everything fine. But an hour ago, it couldn't pick up anything. It makes no sense. It does this all the time. I hold my phone in a way that doesn't block the mic either. (As I understand that would be the first premonition to make) What do I do? Why is it like this?

It's an iPhone 8 plus and besides this mic issue...the phone is the best.

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Mar 6, 2022 11:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 6, 2022 11:04 PM

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities.

See: If the microphones on your iPhone aren't working - Apple Support.

Jack

3 replies

My phone mic intermittently works

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.