Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am having password problems but before I call I would like to ask.

I am able to sign into apple iCloud as well as the App Store. So signing in isn’t a problem. I’ve probably changed my password 10 times since I’ve had this phone.

This is a continuous problem, I’m going to ask the community before I call.

When I go to subscriptions on my phone it prompts me to type in my password. I type it in and it’s always “invalid” sometimes it asks, and sometimes it doesn’t.

When it tells me it’s invalid it doesn’t ask if I’d like to change my password or type in my passcode it immediately goes to a screen that says connection error retry.

I’m aware that a lot of times when you change your password it can a lot

of times erase the recent activity etc ( was told this by Hulu app actually and if I have password problems with them they want me to call them before changing it )

Does anyone know how my password can somehow work just fine ( signing on here as well as ICloud ) but magically be invalid literally 1 minute - 5 mins after I change it ? Do you think this is security related problem where I’m forced now for my own sanity to find a solution, or can it be something else. I know I’ve had problems signing into the App Store before because my payment method wasn’t up to date. Thanks so much and instead of trying to message Apple I’m going to call if that’s recommended. At the moment I don’t have apple plus care which *****, but if I have to pay to figure out what’s going on that’s perfectly fine.

Thank you for reading and if you happen to have a phone number for apple - the extension/number that’s appropriate to call I’d appreciate it.

It’s kind of amusing in a way because last time this happened it just magically fixed during my chat with apple. This time I don’t care if that happens I want to find out the reason and if it continues I won’t stop until I do. This has been going on too long.

Also which is not related- my screen for some reason all of a sudden becomes really bright. Then dim..:.then bright. Really weird and muffling in the background of calls. It doesn’t bother me as far as the outcome, but I want to find the reason why. Then go from there. I should have dealt with this of many situations phone and ( other ) related a lot sooner, but better late then never.

Phone info- IPhone 11. Up to date on software updates.

Thank you so much for reading and take care.

Edit: Was just unable to sign into iCloud dot com using password. I changed it again, hit subscriptions, my payment method showed nothing and then now after I changed my password as typing it into iCloud dot com, hitting subscriptions and they came up without prompting me to type in my password.

A little bit confusing but I’ll get to the bottom of this ONE way or another.

Posted on Mar 6, 2022 11:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 7, 2022 5:57 PM

Hi Twd2022,

Thank you for taking the time to explain your difficulties.

We are all Apple users, like yourself, so would like to help.

Re: Does anyone know how my password can somehow work just fine

( signing on here as well as ICloud )

but magically be invalid literally 1 minute - 5 mins after I change it ?

You might want to browse this article (link below) from Apple Support:

After you change your Apple ID or password,

you might need to update your sign-in information with any Apple services that you're using.

(NB: Sometimes you need to sign out, before you can sign in with new details.)

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support

Re: "my screen for some reason all of a sudden becomes really bright. Then dim..:.then bright".

Seems the screen brightness dims according to the settings you have set. (dimming the screen extends battery life). 

iPhone can be set to automatically adjust the screen brightness for current light conditions using the built-in ambient light sensor.

Adjust the screen brightness and color on iPhone – Apple Support

Re: Really weird and muffling in the background of calls.

Wondering if this stems from your iPhone, your provider's connection, or from the phone on the other end ?

(Ie: it may happen on all your calls ... a particular caller ... or randomly.... maybe while using headphones, oirPods or etc.?

and eg: do you hear the muffling if you (or your caller) turn on "mute". while the other speaks

(If you find the cause, you may find the solution).

If you hear no sound or distorted sound from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch speaker - Apple Support

Play background sounds on iPhone to mask environmental noise – Apple Support (ie: setting could be on or off?)

Customize headphone audio levels on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

If the sound is unclear during phone calls:

If the microphones on your iPhone aren't working - Apple Support

Hope there is something helpful to you here.

All the best :-)

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 7, 2022 5:57 PM in response to Twd2022

Hi Twd2022,

Thank you for taking the time to explain your difficulties.

We are all Apple users, like yourself, so would like to help.

Re: Does anyone know how my password can somehow work just fine

( signing on here as well as ICloud )

but magically be invalid literally 1 minute - 5 mins after I change it ?

You might want to browse this article (link below) from Apple Support:

After you change your Apple ID or password,

you might need to update your sign-in information with any Apple services that you're using.

(NB: Sometimes you need to sign out, before you can sign in with new details.)

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support

Re: "my screen for some reason all of a sudden becomes really bright. Then dim..:.then bright".

Seems the screen brightness dims according to the settings you have set. (dimming the screen extends battery life). 

iPhone can be set to automatically adjust the screen brightness for current light conditions using the built-in ambient light sensor.

Adjust the screen brightness and color on iPhone – Apple Support

Re: Really weird and muffling in the background of calls.

Wondering if this stems from your iPhone, your provider's connection, or from the phone on the other end ?

(Ie: it may happen on all your calls ... a particular caller ... or randomly.... maybe while using headphones, oirPods or etc.?

and eg: do you hear the muffling if you (or your caller) turn on "mute". while the other speaks

(If you find the cause, you may find the solution).

If you hear no sound or distorted sound from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch speaker - Apple Support

Play background sounds on iPhone to mask environmental noise – Apple Support (ie: setting could be on or off?)

Customize headphone audio levels on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

If the sound is unclear during phone calls:

If the microphones on your iPhone aren't working - Apple Support

Hope there is something helpful to you here.

All the best :-)

I am having password problems but before I call I would like to ask.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.