Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photo Size/Quality Help

Hi 👋

I have the new iPhone pro because I hope it will take good quality/sized photos that I can actually print. I airdrop the photos to my MacBook but the quality of the photos is at best 4.5MB and mostly1-2MB which limits the quality when I print them at a size of 15cm. Also, the airdropped photos on my mac don’t retain their iPhone info on “date taken” so they are all in a random order which makes it harder to sort for making a photo book.

Am I doing something wrong? Should I convert them from “heic” to “jpeg”? Is the icloud or airdrop making the image smaller? I had read that it would be better to add icloud photos to my MacBook but the iPhone folders don’t appear.

My main thing is to get the highest quality photos from my phone so they can be printed.

Im hoping someone can point to an easy explanation.

iPhone 13 Pro

Posted on Mar 7, 2022 4:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 7, 2022 5:33 AM

To get the highest quality photos from your iPhone use Apple ProRAW format and see the Share ProRAW photos section here:

About Apple ProRAW - Apple Support

õ¿õ¬

Similar questions

4 replies

Mar 7, 2022 4:50 AM in response to LD150

I logged my MacBook up to iCloud and compared a few photos. It’s the same file size regardless of wether I airdrop from my iPhone to the MacBook from or if I drag the photo directly from the iCloud MacBook photos to the desktop.

Im certain that the quality/size can’t be so consistently low but I just don’t get it. I have the photos on my phone and in the cloud. The photos look good on my phone but I just don’t know how to find them in better quality or if 1-2MB heic photos is actually good and normal for iPhone 13 Pro.

Photo Size/Quality Help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.