Transfer photos

I would like to transfer all photos from my iPhone XR to my iPhone 13, while maintaining quality and in the same order.

If I do this via AirDrop, the photos are no longer in the correct order (as on my iPhone XR). When I select the option "send with all data (location, meta data etc.), then sending will not work. I get the message that there is not enough space. However, my iPhone 13 has enough free storage available. If I first import the photos to photos on my MacBook and then sync them with my iPhone 13, they are not under "albums -> recent" but under library. What can I do?

iPhone XR

Posted on Aug 14, 2023 12:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 14, 2023 9:32 AM

Yes, once all photos have been synced from iCloud to your iPhone you can cancel the subscription for additional iCloud storage. You will have to delete the photos from iCloud Photos, before you can downgrade fro iCloud+. You iPhones most no longer sync with iCloud Photos, when you delete the photos from iCloud, or they will be deleted from the iPhones as well.

But wait, till all photos have been downloaded from iCloud Photos to our iPhones..

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 14, 2023 9:32 AM in response to Username1_1

Yes, once all photos have been synced from iCloud to your iPhone you can cancel the subscription for additional iCloud storage. You will have to delete the photos from iCloud Photos, before you can downgrade fro iCloud+. You iPhones most no longer sync with iCloud Photos, when you delete the photos from iCloud, or they will be deleted from the iPhones as well.

But wait, till all photos have been downloaded from iCloud Photos to our iPhones..

Aug 14, 2023 3:36 AM in response to Username1_1

When you are syncing your iPhones with iCloud Photos, the photos will be in iCloud and shown in Photos on your iPhones. The Photos Library will be identical in iCloud and all your synced devices. Photos will sync any changes to iCloud and to all other synced devices. Any photo you delete from any of your iPhones will be deleted from iCloud and your other iPhone as well. Any photo you take on one of your iPhones will appear on your other device as well, any adjustments you apply, any Favorite Heart or caption will be synced across devices. So don to delete any photos from your older iPhone if you want to keep them on your new iPhone.

Your iPhones will download all high resolution originals to your devices, as long as you keep using the Setting > Your Name (AppleID) > iCloud Photos: Download originals.

By default this will be switched to "Optimize iPhone Storage" when you first enable iCloud Photos. Then the iPhone will try to free storage by replacing some high resolution originals by smaller, optimized versions for browsing and you need an internet connection to work with your photos. As long as you are having enough free storage on your new iPhone, you may want to use ""Download originals" and not "Optimize iPhone Storage".

Transfer photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.