Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic Pro on El Cap?

Hi Folks - I'm running 10.11.6 (El Cap) on my second Mac and want to get Logic Pro for this. Where can I purchase this from? Thanks - Chris

iMac, OS X 10.11

Posted on Mar 7, 2022 10:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 25, 2022 6:31 AM

Update - As you said JotaGi. I called Apple Support and I can download the older version by using another computer using Big Sur etc. Log in as me with my Apple ID and it will be linked to my account and then I can download onto my older computer running El Capitan. It will cost the full new price and have less features etc but will work fine they say. I'm not sure I want to but it's been great to know. Thanks again. Chris

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 25, 2022 6:31 AM in response to onetunsoup

Update - As you said JotaGi. I called Apple Support and I can download the older version by using another computer using Big Sur etc. Log in as me with my Apple ID and it will be linked to my account and then I can download onto my older computer running El Capitan. It will cost the full new price and have less features etc but will work fine they say. I'm not sure I want to but it's been great to know. Thanks again. Chris

Mar 7, 2022 10:39 AM in response to onetunsoup

Long story short, you can still use another Mac running macOS Big Sur or Monterey to purchase Logic. But whether you'd be able to install it on an El Capitan machine is a mystery, especially if you're just planning to purchase the app. Apple is apparently restricting installation of earlier versions of Logic. Best you could do is call customer support and ask them to clarify.

Logic Pro on El Cap?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.