Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Messages aren't sending from Mac

Messages aren't sending from Mac - but are from my iPhone? How do I solve

Posted on Mar 7, 2022 4:24 PM

2 replies

Mar 8, 2022 12:15 PM in response to jondrdad

Thanks for posting in the Apple Support Communities jondrdad,

If you're not receiving messages on your Mac, you'll want to ensure that the settings on both your iPhone and Mac are enabled for iMessage and SMS relay.

Begin with setting up iMessage:

1. In the Messages app on your Mac, enter your Apple ID and password, then click Sign In.
  2. On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive.
  3. On your Mac, open Messages, choose Messages > Preferences, then click iMessage. Make sure that you're signed in to iMessage with the same Apple ID on all your devices.
  4. On your iPhone, go to Settings > Messages > Text Message Forwarding.
  5. Choose which devices can send and receive text messages from your iPhone. If you're not using two-factor authentication for your Apple ID, a verification code appears on each of your other devices: enter that code on your iPhone.
  6. As long as your iPhone is turned on and connected to Wi-Fi or a cellular network, new SMS/MMS texts can be sent and received on the devices that you added.

Additional information is available on the following pages:

Set up Messages on Mac

How to forward SMS/MMS text messages from your iPhone to your iPad, iPod touch or Mac

We hope this helps!

Mar 8, 2022 1:57 PM in response to mikeg28806

Thanks. Despite talking to a second level tech at Xfinity I later found out it was a systemwide weird outage. He claimed my phone was incompatible with their system, though they use Verizon towers, and my phone is compatible with Verizon (I checked). And yes, my IMEI Shows up as incompatible with Xfinity, it had worked for a year. Once the outage was over, everything went back to normal. Large waste of my time.

Messages aren't sending from Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.