Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunes only detects iphone as iphone 5

When I connect my iPhone x to my mac for some reason my iTunes only recognizes my iPhone as an iPhone 5 and my finder doesn't recognize my iPhone at all and when I disconnect my iPhone the icons still there

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.12

Posted on Mar 7, 2022 11:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 8, 2022 8:20 AM

If you’re really still using Sierra macOS 10.12 per the footer shown, upgrade to High Sierra macOS 10.13, and preferably upgrade to something yet more recent if your Mac supports that.

If you’re unsure about what upgrades might be available for your Mac, post the Mac model (MacBook Pro 13”?) and Mac model year both from 🍎 > About This Mac…, and with both the Mac model and the Mac model year, we can provide the available upgrade options.

Have a backup prior to the upgrade.

Catalina and newer require all apps and all printer and scanner drivers to be 64-bit. You can use the Go64 app to identify the 32-bit apps that will need updates or upgrades or replacements or retirements. Microsoft Office 2011 and earlier are among these 32-bit apps, and will need to be replaced.

How to get old versions of macOS - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 8, 2022 8:20 AM in response to nathanyan1697

If you’re really still using Sierra macOS 10.12 per the footer shown, upgrade to High Sierra macOS 10.13, and preferably upgrade to something yet more recent if your Mac supports that.

If you’re unsure about what upgrades might be available for your Mac, post the Mac model (MacBook Pro 13”?) and Mac model year both from 🍎 > About This Mac…, and with both the Mac model and the Mac model year, we can provide the available upgrade options.

Have a backup prior to the upgrade.

Catalina and newer require all apps and all printer and scanner drivers to be 64-bit. You can use the Go64 app to identify the 32-bit apps that will need updates or upgrades or replacements or retirements. Microsoft Office 2011 and earlier are among these 32-bit apps, and will need to be replaced.

How to get old versions of macOS - Apple Support

itunes only detects iphone as iphone 5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.