Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Mail (MacBook pro)

Dear Community

I’m planning to migrate over to a new MacBook Pro.

Normally I do the standard migration from my previous MacBook Pro which I’ve done a few times before.

However, my work email (POP account) is very large (about 140 GB) with emails dating back around 10 years. I do need to keep access to these historical emails although I don’t need the attachments.

Is it possible to delete all the mail attachments before migrating? Preferably in 1 go rather than individually. 

TIA

Jason

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Mar 8, 2022 7:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 8, 2022 8:18 AM

Move your content to a new Mac

From the above link

Similar questions

3 replies

Mar 8, 2022 7:46 AM in response to Jason Moran1

Am a little off the core topic but worth considering below.

If the new computer is going to be the Apple Silicon M1 Equipped Computer - would suggest Only Migrating the User Account and nothing more.

1 - Apple Silicon with either Big Sur macOS 11 or Monterey macOS 12 Only Support everything 64 bit and there is no workaround.

2 - Issues that may exist on the older computer will be migrated to the New Computer. This would badly pollute the new Original and Pristine installation of the new OS.

3 -  Applications, extensions and Software Drivers may or may not even work on the new computer.

4 - IMHO - it would be best to only install new application etc Directly from the Developer or the Apple Apps Store.

5 - Due Diligence on New Applications and make sure they are Monterey / Big Sur compatible and factor in the ARMs CPU of the Apple Silicon Computer  

Mac Mail (MacBook pro)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.