Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Adding back Mail folders and emails

Was transferring "On My Mac" mail folders to a new computer a few months ago and had some transfer issues. Eventually, I was able to offload about 20 folders of old emails (approx 2GB) to an ext HD. There are 20,000 old emails in folders.

How can I add these back to my current Mail app so they are organized and searchable. I just want them in the "On My Mac" section, with a minimum of effort, and without disrupting my well-tuned current Apple Mail.

Thanks!

MacBook Air 11″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Aug 12, 2022 1:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 14, 2022 8:26 AM

UArizona wrote:

Was transferring "On My Mac" mail folders to a new computer a few months ago and had some transfer issues. Eventually, I was able to offload about 20 folders of old emails (approx 2GB) to an ext HD. There are 20,000 old emails in folders.

How can I add these back to my current Mail app so they are organized and searchable. I just want them in the "On My Mac" section, with a minimum of effort, and without disrupting my well-tuned current Apple Mail.

Thanks!

Use the import/export function...

if in doubt use the Help menu in your Mail.app tool bar

Import or export mailboxes in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

Mail User Guide for Mac - Apple Support

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 14, 2022 8:26 AM in response to UArizona

UArizona wrote:

Thanks!

Use the import/export function...

if in doubt use the Help menu in your Mail.app tool bar

Import or export mailboxes in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

Mail User Guide for Mac - Apple Support

Adding back Mail folders and emails

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.