Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

VPN Warning

What does it mean that "All network Activity on this Mac may be filtered or monitored", when I launch a VPN? I got a VPN (tried several) and they all pop up this warning. But that "filtered and monitored" is why I got a VPN to stop that from happening.

Mac mini, macOS 12.2

Posted on Mar 8, 2022 11:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 8, 2022 1:02 PM

It is trying to tell you that the VPN software itself can filter and monitor your network traffic, since you are now routing all of your traffic through them.

There is no such thing as perfect privacy. It is more a question of who you trust to have your data and for what reason. There are certain types of apps that are very likely to be very untrustworthy. Sadly, VPNs are really high on that list of untrustworthiness.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 8, 2022 1:02 PM in response to ebsjr

It is trying to tell you that the VPN software itself can filter and monitor your network traffic, since you are now routing all of your traffic through them.

There is no such thing as perfect privacy. It is more a question of who you trust to have your data and for what reason. There are certain types of apps that are very likely to be very untrustworthy. Sadly, VPNs are really high on that list of untrustworthiness.

VPN Warning

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.