Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Smart phrase or keyboard shortcut for smart phrase insertion

Whenever I am working on my computer I always reuse the same phrases in my typing and I was wondering how I go about making some kind of keyboard shortcut like I do on my phone where I can type a few letters or command and 3 letters then it will insert my typical phrase regardless of what app I am using (mail, pages, notes, etc.). Like I am on my way home or thank you for your help or something simple like that?

Posted on Mar 8, 2022 2:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 8, 2022 3:45 PM

Hi,

I don't have Sierra to test it on, but look in System Preferences > Keyboard > Text and you can set it up there. I tested it in Text Edit, Notes, Mail and Stickies and it works. It does not work in Word, so it's an Apple thing and you'd have to try and set something else up in third party apps.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 8, 2022 3:45 PM in response to karfin193

Hi,

I don't have Sierra to test it on, but look in System Preferences > Keyboard > Text and you can set it up there. I tested it in Text Edit, Notes, Mail and Stickies and it works. It does not work in Word, so it's an Apple thing and you'd have to try and set something else up in third party apps.

Smart phrase or keyboard shortcut for smart phrase insertion

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.