Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail.app not redirecting any emails

'Redirect' used to be a favorite way for me to send interesting emails to others.

But lately the email message just reappears with the following error screen each time I try:

'Cannot send message using the server icloud. The server response was: From address is not one of your addresses'.

The redirected email's 'send to' address field is empty (the addresses I had in there disappear and I have to retype them), and trying again gives the same result/error.

I can't even save the redirected email as draft; either I keep trying or the entire redirected email just disappears.

Mac mini, macOS 12.2

Posted on Mar 8, 2022 3:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 9, 2022 7:42 AM

Hilal Malawi wrote:

'Redirect' used to be a favorite way for me to send interesting emails to others.

But lately the email message just reappears with the following error screen each time I try:

'Cannot send message using the server icloud. The server response was: From address is not one of your addresses'.

The redirected email's 'send to' address field is empty (the addresses I had in there disappear and I have to retype them), and trying again gives the same result/error.

I can't even save the redirected email as draft; either I keep trying or the entire redirected email just disappears.

See if there is anything here—

Open mail app select Mail>Preferences>Privacy disable “Protect Mail Activity” / “Hide IP address” / “Block all remote content” —content for the email will load automatically

Use Mail Privacy Protection on Mac

Use Mail Privacy Protection on Mac - Apple Support

Use Mail Privacy Protection on iPhone - Apple Support

Privacy

Mail Privacy Protection helps prevent senders from tracking your Mail activity

iCloud+

Hide My Email creates unique, random email addresses that forward to your inbox

iCloud Private Relay (beta) helps prevent companies from creating a detailed profile of your browsing activity in Safari

ref:What's new in the updates for macOS Monterey - Apple Support

What's new in the updates for macOS Monterey - Apple Support

*If you use a non-iCloud SMTP server, don't use your iCloud email address as a "Send From" address. Otherwise, your email might not deliver or it might deliver to the recipient's Junk folder.

ref: Get help using iCloud Mail - If iCloud Mail isn't working - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 9, 2022 7:42 AM in response to Hilal Malawi

Hilal Malawi wrote:

See if there is anything here—

Open mail app select Mail>Preferences>Privacy disable “Protect Mail Activity” / “Hide IP address” / “Block all remote content” —content for the email will load automatically

Use Mail Privacy Protection on Mac

Use Mail Privacy Protection on Mac - Apple Support

Privacy

Mail Privacy Protection helps prevent senders from tracking your Mail activity

iCloud+

Hide My Email creates unique, random email addresses that forward to your inbox

iCloud Private Relay (beta) helps prevent companies from creating a detailed profile of your browsing activity in Safari

ref:What's new in the updates for macOS Monterey - Apple Support

What's new in the updates for macOS Monterey - Apple Support

*If you use a non-iCloud SMTP server, don't use your iCloud email address as a "Send From" address. Otherwise, your email might not deliver or it might deliver to the recipient's Junk folder.

ref: Get help using iCloud Mail - If iCloud Mail isn't working - Apple Support

Mail.app not redirecting any emails

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.