Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to access localhost that is serving from OSX device using Netgear Nighthawk AC1900?

I have been able to access localhost using other wifi routers, but when accessing a site from my iOS device hosted on my Macbook Pro using the Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 R7000 wifi router, Safari only shows: Safari cannot open the page because it could not connect to the server. Is there a way to allow devices on the wifi network to access localhost with this router? I believe there is a firewall somewhere (either on the mac or router) that may need to be adjusted to grant access to specific devices on the network.

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Mar 8, 2022 5:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 10, 2022 10:47 AM

In case anyone else has this issue, I was able to view a different app on a different port using my mac ip address with the same router but still had the same issue with the original app and port I was attempting to access

[Edited by Moderator]

Similar questions

4 replies

How to access localhost that is serving from OSX device using Netgear Nighthawk AC1900?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.